I feel like an idiot for bothering you all about this, but here's the issue: I've had my heart set on going to Agnes Scott for a good while and I've received a $15,000 scholarship. With the aid and the work study I'd still need to borrow or otherwise come up with about $8,000 a year, assuming none of my funds are suddenly dropped for whatever reason.
I was completely prepared to try and pull this off UNTIL I got a full-ride from Auburn University in Alabama. I'm told this is a good school, and its really hard to say no to that much cash. However, its not at all diverse, very conservative, and I still have some reservations about taking my black behind to Alabama, when i could live in Decatur. That aside, they're giving me pretty much everything I could ask for financially. I've always been very practical when it comes to financial issues, but I have a weird feeling in my gut about Auburn, which has been getting worse and worse..
Do you think I should somehow still go for it, or be more reasonable and go to Auburn?
If I do attend Agnes Scott, does anyone have any ideas for coming up with enough cash to justify (to myself and family) denying a full-ride?
I almost wish I hadn't gotten anything from Auburn so I wouldn't have to make such a hard decision...
Sorry for bothering you about this and going on for so long.